The AITEX Research Results Transfer Office (OTRI) was registered with the Inter-Ministerial Science and Technology Committee (CICYT) in the year 1998, with registration number 115, in accordance with the Order of the Ministry of Education and Science. The AITEX Research Results Transfer Office (OTRI) is responsible for promoting and managing the Institute’s relations with the business world in the field of research and technology. Therefore, this unit fosters research, development and technological innovation through the different services offered to sector companies and organisations, as well as the centre’s researchers.
The main activities developed by the AITEX OTRI are:
- Technological tracking of the market and design trends using diverse tools that explain and understand the evolution of technology based on the capture, analysis, summary and utilisation of existing public information.
- Technology transfer of results obtained in R&D/Innovation projects and AITEX’s different technology observatories to companies.
- Encouraging companies to get involved in research, development and technological innovation, with specific actions aimed at presenting national and international proposals, both individually and in collaboration with research centres and/or universities.
- Management of the Institute’s own R&D/Innovation projects, at a regional, national and international level.
- Drafting and management of R&D contracts with different technology partners both nationally and internationally.
- Planning of human and technical resources in the areas of research, communication, marketing and technology transfer.
- Management of the Institute’s relations with other scientific-technological agents (business associations, universities, technology centres, etc.) for network project development.
- Dissemination of the Institute’s different activities and the results obtained by its research areas within the sector.