The modern consumer is increasingly demanding brands that combine quality, sustainability, personalisation and technological support, while being environmentally and ethically responsible.
The importance we as a society place on new lifestyles, access to more information, concern for the environment, wellbeing and health are changing consumer habits.
This is why in recent years, the search for new biodegradable materials has become a challenge for materials science.
The CosmeTec20 project arose from this challenge and aims to replace synthetic polymers and create encapsulated systems that are stable over time, and develop natural nanofibre veils and natural encapsulated systems for use in cosmetic products.
More specifically, the project expects to achieve the following results:
- Create natural skin caviar with active ingredients of interest to the cosmetics industry for use in skin and hair care.
- Development of encapsulated essential oil systems for use in cosmetotextiles
- Create nanoparticles with cosmetic active ingredients of natural origin
- Create prototypes of nanofibre veils
- Validation of the products with user panels
This project is supported by the Conselleria d’Economia Sostenible, Sectors Productius, Comerç i Treball de la Generalitat Valenciana, through IVACE, and is co-financed by EU ERDF funds, within the Operational Programme ERDF of the Comunitat Valenciana 2014-2020.