Consumers are placing more and more value on the quality of their clothing purchases when deciding whether to buy one product or another. In addition, manufacturers and large purchasers need to know first-hand the quality of the goods they are producing and buying to reduce risks and guarantee the quality of textile articles.
AITEX offers a global, integrated service to guarantee that tested articles are free of harmful substances and comply with REACH. The Institute also provides a range of physical and mechanical tests designed to prevent customer complaints and returns and improve customer satisfaction with a given product.
AITEX provides high street chains with the following suite of fast-fashion services:
- International offices to provide a fast turnaround for articles being presented for testing. Samples can be delivered to AITEX SPAIN’s laboratories within 48 hours.
- Quick turnaround: depending on the methods and work requested by the client, results can be available within 3 to 5 working days.
- Customised reports for each individual client.
- The most up-to-date computerised applications:
- AITEX’s EXTRANET: where all the tests performed on a sample can be accessed and searched by field: model, reference, supplier, etc.
- A tool to manage the results of the tests performed depending on the indicators defined by the client.
- Latest-generation testing equipment
- Fully-qualified professional technicians
HARMFUL SUBSTANCE CONTROL (REACH Requirements):
Existing legislation establishes various requirements for textile article composition and type. At AITEX help manufacturers on how to identify the risk factors associated with their products to perform the necessary tests to ensure that the article is free from harmful substances and complies with the laws pertinent to the countries where it will be sold.
ANALYSIS OF THE PHYSICAL AND MECHANICAL PARAMETERS OF GARMENTS AND FABRICS
Each company has its own needs and specifications to meet, depending on the quality of its garments and fabrics. AITEX offers of the client on how to design the physical and mechanical test packs it needs to perform in order to reduce the possibility of customer complaints and returns. These include: how well a garment performs to washing, colour fastness, pilling and abrasion, among others.
CHILD SAFETY LEGISLATION:
Of all the stages of the process involved in getting a product to the market, design is one of the earliest and most decisive in several aspects, and this includes its safety during use.
There is a wide range of legislation designed to ensure the safety of children’s and baby wear:
- UNE-EN 14682: SAFETY OF CHILDREN’S CLOTHING. CORDS AND DRAWSTRINGS ON CHILDREN’S CLOTHING
- UNE 40902: SAFETY OF BABY GARMENTS. PHYSICAL AND MECHANICAL PROPERTIES.
- UNE-EN 14878:2007: BURNING BEHAVIOUR OF CHILDREN’S NIGHTWEAR