Once again, AITEX held the AITEX 2022 Challenge with the aim of encouraging secondary school students in the Valencian Community to solve challenges related to the textile sector.
This year’s challenge was “What would you do with the waste from the pandemic?”
267 students from fifteen different schools and institutes in the Valencian Community took part, presenting sixty-four projects. This year’s students represented the towns of Alcoy, Almoradí, Banyeres de Mariola, Bocairent, Muro de Alcoy, Nules, Onil, Ontinyent, Picanya and San Antonio de Benagéber.
This year’s AITEX Challenge had the highest participation rate in history, with more than sixty-four different projects.
A committee of AITEX technicians studied and evaluated the projects according to the following assessment criteria:
- Quality of the proposal submitted (report and video) – 20 points
- Resolution of the problem posed – 40 points
- Innovative and technological design – 20 points
- Feasibility of the proposal submitted – 20 points
Eight 8 prizes were awarded:
- First Prize AITEX Challenge: Each of the members of the winning proposal received an Iphone 13.
- Second and Third Prize AITEX Challenge: Each of the members of these proposals received an Iphone SE.
- Accésit Reto AITEX (4th to 8th classified): Each of the members of these proposals received Airpods.
- In addition, a Macbook Air 13″ was awarded to the schools whose students won one of the three first prizes.