Certain lines of research carried out by AITEX are concerned with the development of textile solutions with a high added-value factor. Below are some of the current R+D lines:
- The development of efficient natural cosmetic formulations
- Biomedical research into innovative technological textile solutions
INNFORMULATION-II – Research and development of new ingredients for the formulation of natural and effective cosmetics
In recent years, there has been a worldwide growing interest in the use of natural ingredients in the cosmetics sector, with the aim of achieving better results and greater effects, while adding value to a product and protecting the environment. Natural, safe and effective cosmetics are trending, both with manufacturers and consumers.
INNFORMULATION II arose as a result of the needs detected in the cosmetics sector. The project’s core goal is to obtain active natural extracts from plants to develop cosmetic formulations with different textures, including natural products for skin and hair care, sunscreens, decorative cosmetics and water-free formulations which respond to the needs of the cosmetic sector for innovative products that are more natural and environmentally friendly.
MEDIC@TEX – R+D of innovative technological textile solutions for healthcare.
MEDIC@TEX falls within the framework of biomedical research, which includes all the clinical disciplines from research into new pharmaceuticals and therapies to public health and healthcare services. It is a key instrument for improving social wellbeing and enhancing people’s quality of life and longevity.
The project is now in its final development stage has four lines of research:
- Line 1 – the fabrication, optimisation and validation of a product for treating periodontal disease which combines 3D bioprinting and additivated nanofibre veils.
- Line 2 – the optimisation of the dilution of polyacrylic acid and electrospinning and electrospraying conditions to create super-absorbent nanofibres and nanospheres.
- Line 3 – research into the alternatives available for monitoring body temperature and to propose a new valid and trustworthy approach for its evaluation in a textile context.
- Line 4 – to acquire, set up and begin working with 3D Bioprinting and Electrospraying technology.
- Line 5 – to develop facemasks using nanofibres to prevent the spread of COVID-19
This project is suppoprted by la Conselleria d’Economia Sostenible, Sectors Productius, Comerç i Treball of the Generalitat Valenciana, through IVACE.