Certification guarantees that the microbiological assays performed in our laboratories comply with the strictest quality control standards. This ENAC approval covers the following assays:
- Enumeration of yeast and mould EN ISO 16212
- Enumeration and detection of aerobic mesophilic bacteria EN ISO 21149
(Quality and hygiene markers for product manufacturing)
- Detection of Staphylococcus aureus in compliance with EN ISO 22718
- Detection of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in compliance with EN ISO 22717
- Detection of Escherichia coli in compliance with EN ISO 21150
- Detection of Candida albicans in compliance EN ISO 18416
- Detection of Burkholderia cepacia in compliance with our internal methodology
(The above pathogens can lead to the development of diseases in the user)
Additionally, EN ISO 11930:2019 approval also guarantees that the Challenge test is performed under rigorous quality standards. These tests enable the Institute to determine whether a cosmetic product is resistant to microbial contamination during use, by artificially contaminating a product with microorganisms of the following types Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Escherichia coli and Candida albicans.
ENAC approval demonstrates AITEX’s continued commitment to providing the best possible service to cosmetics manufacturers under the strictest, internationally-recognised quality standards and protocols.