CE REACTION TO FIRE MARKING OF BUILDING MATERIALS
CE MARKING OF CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS
The marketing of construction materials must comply with Regulation (EU) 305/2011 of the European Parliament, which lays down harmonised conditions for the marketing of construction products.
Any material subject to a European Directive must be marketed in accordance with its CE marking requirements. The CE marking label is a declaration by the manufacturer that the product complies with the safety requirements laid down by the European Commission and Regulation (EU) 305/2011.
WHO CAN CERTIFY BUILDING MATERIALS?
Conformity assessment of this type of certificate must be carried out by a Notified Body.
AITEX is a Notified Body for the CE marking of construction materials according to Regulation (EU) No. 305/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 March 2011.
The Regulation requires that products in the manufacture of a material in which there is a stage or component intended to improve its reaction to fire performance will require the services of an inspection body to manage and control the tests and the manufacturing quality system on a regular basis.
Contact AITEX for more information
TYPES OF CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS REQUIRING REACTION TO FIRE TESTING
Building materials such as wall and ceiling claddings, flooring and linear products for thermal insulation of pipes are subject to the European Regulation and must therefore declare their reaction to fire classification, apart from other parameters included in the individual product standards, together with their CE marking.
- Resilient, textile and laminate floor coverings
- Decorative wall coverings. Wall coverings in the form of rolls and panels.
- Suspended ceilings
- Stretch ceilings
- Indoor sports surfaces
- Self-supporting double-sided metal insulated sandwich panels. Factory made products
- Wood-based panels for use in the construction industry
- Thermal insulation products for building applications. Products manufactured from expanded polystyrene (EPS).
- Manufactured products of rigid polyurethane foam (PUR).