I + D / Acabados técnicos, salud, confort, deporte y medio ambiente
INNFORMULATION- R+D OF ACTIVE COSMETIC FORMULAE: NATURAL PRESERVATIVE AND BIOMIMETIC SYSTEMS
A cosmetic company’s ability to survive depends, largely, on its ability to develop quality products and adapt to the trends and demands of a dynamic market through innovation.
One of the most important trends in today’s market is natural cosmetics. This trend is driven by a change in consumer demands, inclined towards responsible consumption and respect for the environment.
Cosmetic manufacturers are not indifferent to this global trend and increasingly demand raw materials of natural origin to develop ecofriendly, 100% natural or “free-of” cosmetic ranges.
Another concern of consumers is the performance and safety of cosmetics. Today’s consumer is now more interested in knowing what ingredients their product contains and the trials used to test it, and is willing to pay up to 20% more for facial and dental care products, if they are more effective (Consumolab).
One of the strategies to improving these aspects is to design products capable of delivering their effect more efficiently, for example, by improving their penetration to deeper layers of the skin.
The main objective of the project is to investigate new ingredients and formulations that respond to the needs of the cosmetic sector for innovative products that are more effective, natural and safe.
Specifically, there are two major objectives:
- To study new systems with preservatives obtained from natural materials.
- To develop biomimetic systems for more efficient delivery of the effect.
The expected results of the project are divided into two main lines:
NATURAL PRESERVATIVE SYSTEMS:
The project will create a new preservative system that is:
- Suitable for natural formulations
- Versatile and efficient in a wide range of formulas
- Stable over time and in different environmental conditions
DEVELOPMENT OF BIOMIMETIC SYSTEMS TO DELIVER ACTIVE COMPOUNDS:
The aim of this research line is to create biomimetic delivery systems for the active compounds, as micro/nanoparticles and as nanofibres.
Specifically, the expected results will be to:
- Obtain particulate compound vehicle systems and understand their penetration capacity
- Establish a stable and effective vehicle delivery system
- Obtain prototypes of nanofibre veils
- Understand the compatibility of the resulting substrate with the active compound
This project is funded by the Conselleria d’Economia Sostenible, Sectors Productius, Comerç i Treball de la Generalitat Valenciana, through IVACE.
GRANT NUMBER: IMAMCI/2019/1
MORE INFORMATION IN THE NON-ECONOMIC ACTIVITIES PLAN
- Year: 2019
- Status: En ejecución
- Entity: IVACE