VALHABITAT – HABITAT OBSERVATORY – NEW TRENDS IN HABITAT PRODUCTS AND MARKETS
The HABITAT sector is facing clear renewed consumer optimism. There has been an upswing in the economic scenario and despite the international political uncertainty, we detected the desire on behalf of the consumer to resume home improvement projects, indicating the recovery of enthusiasm in many homes and a return to pre-2004 levels of household expenditure on furniture, electrical products and maintenance, rising for the first time since 2007. Likewise, the real estate market and the construction industry have begun to grow, hopefully presaging further growth in the HABITAT sector in the coming years.
A positive trend is not only detectable in HOME HABITATS but there are signs of growth in facilities and renovation in what could be termed PUBLIC HABITAT, which would encompass the facilities in hotels, restaurants and leisure centres, retail space and public administration centres, etc.
In summary, the current HABITAT situation can be defined as optimistic from the point of view of both companies and consumers. We have overcome the crisis and have supposedly achieved economic stability, there is a desire to renew our HABITAT, repaint and redecorate, and this optimism is reflected in the upward trends illusion which we can observe in the trends. We are moving from a stage of rationality to a stage of renewal and excitement.
These perspectives of change, emotion and enthusiasm are behind the proposal to research PUBLIC HABITAT and the development of a series of activities to transfer our findings to manufacturers and designers through the HABITAT 18/20 TREND HANDBOOK.
The main objective is to research, analyse, manage and transfer trends to help product development within the HABITAT sector.
The trends to be studied are centred on HABITAT and more specifically habitat products and articles, which is driven by society (socio-cultural technological factors) and whose development will have an impact on a given market.
During 2017, a process of investigating product trends was carried out. Having reviewed the changes taking place in society, culture, technology, a series of socio-technological market keys were identified which can be used to validate product trends, and they have been compiled into the HABITAT TRENDS HANDBOOK 18/20.
During 2018 we will proceed to:
- Continue with the free circulation of the HABITAT TRENDS HANDBOOK 18/20, through a series of generic and sectorial presentations (Ceramics, furniture and textiles).
- Research, analyse, manage and transfer information on public spaces relating to the HABITAT sector, using the keys which are included in the handbook. Product, socio-technological and strategic market keys, creating a monograph which will be diffused and evaluated by the industry during 2019.
- To enhance and bring the product trends of the Habitat Trends Book closer to companies in the sector, contributing functional ideas to the development of their products, through the development of product prototypes, which will be grouped into a BOOK or SHOWCASE. The core objective is to contribute development ideas to trends and in turn that the trends inspire the development of functional products, thus achieving the transfer of IDEAS into PRODUCTS to be developed by manufacturers.
The aim is to convert VALHABITAT into a tool of everyday use by companies for the development of innovative HABITAT products, via:
- TREND INFORMATION: TRENDS, MONOGRAPHS, DIFFUSION WORKSHOPS, PRODUCT IDEAS GENERATION WORKSHOPS.
- IDEAS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF FUNCTIONAL PRODUCTS: THROUGH THE SAMPLE- BOOK
This Project is supported by the Conselleria d’Economia Sostenible, Sectors Productius i Treball, through the IVACE (Instituto Valenciano de Competitividad Empresarial)
GRANT NUMBER: IMAMCI/2018/1
MORE INFORMATION IN THE NON-ECONOMIC ACTIVITIES PLAN
- Año: 2018
- Estado: finalizado
- Entidad: IVACE