TPTex 2.0– R&D OF COMPRESSION GARMENTS TO IMPROVE HEALTH IN PATIENTS WITH LOWER LIMB PATHOLOGIES
The TPTex 2.0 project arose from the results of the TPTex 2019 project. During 2019, a wide range of results of great interest for all those taking part in the user panels was achieved. However, the work unveiled new requirements in the compression garments used by women suffering from lipedema. In addition, there are other pathologies such as lymphedema that also require research and development of new compression garments, to improve existing solutions and enhance the quality of life for sufferers. It is important to note that users of compression garments suffer from chronic pathologies and will mostly use this type of garment all their lives. Hence the importance of adapting them to a person’s daily activity, different climatic conditions, comfort and to improve the properties that they provide when in contact with the skin, such as hydration, freshness and regeneration.
Bearing in mind that lipedema affects 16% of women and that the prevalence of lymphedema among patients undergoing mastectomy is 41.5%, the project is considered of special relevance.
The main objective of the project is to research and develop therapeutic compression garments to be used as outdoor clothing to treat lipedema and lymphedema and develop standard sizes for sufferers after the study of anthropometric measurements from an exclusive patient database. Likewise, the aim is to validate these prototypes with a panel of expert users. This will include a study of all aspects, including weaving, finishing and design.
- Development of new textile structures to create therapeutic compression garments, improving the breathability of 2019 models.
- Manufacture of flat knit textile structures with seam design.
- Development of compression garments designed as clothing for the treatment of lipedema and lymphedema.
- Development of compression garments with different properties to those already on the market by introducing new finishes.
- Development of compression garments for the lower limb in standard sizes for the specific pathology of lipedema.
- Validation of the prototypes in a user test.
This project is funded by the Conselleria d’Economia Sostenible, Sectors Productius, Comerç i Treball de la Generalitat Valenciana, through IVACE, and is co funded by ERDF from the European Commission within the framework of the Operational Programme FEDER for the Comunitat Valenciana 2014-2020.
GRANT NUMBER: IMDEEA/2020/11
AMOUNT: 237.754,10 €
- Year: 2020
- Status: Finished
- Entity: IVACE