I + D / Acabados técnicos, salud, confort, deporte y medio ambiente
Modern society is increasingly aware that we need to lead a lifestyle that is less hectic and much healthier. We all want to incorporate routines into our lives that improve our health and proper personal hygiene is fundamental to daily personal care. Intimate infections are more common in women during their menstrual cycle so innovations in the intimate hygiene sector are concerned with improving the effectiveness and skin care in these products to prevent infection. The project aims to functionalise these products to prevent infections and improve user comfort.
Absorbent products are also widely used in the field of hygiene, both for intimate hygiene and for adult urinary incontinence and baby nappies. These products are considerably voluminous and can cause a certain degree of discomfort and the project aims to reduce the thickness and density of absorbent products to improve comfort and discretion, and the quality of life of users.
The aim of the project is to add value to intimate hygiene products through the microencapsulation of assets that are beneficial for the prevention of infections and by electrospinning superabsorbent polymers to improve the comfort of the product. Using electrospinning technology, the aim is to open up a new field of applied research for AITEX in the production of superabsorbent nanofibres, with the aim of obtaining new absorbent products with smaller dimensions and thicknesses.
The specific technical objectives of the project are:
- To develop formulations with encapsulated assets or probiotics for hygiene products to prevent infections and skin conditions, through the microencapsulation of natural active compounds.
- To study the application procedure of the formulations developed for functionalisation of textile substrates or to formulate cosmetic gels.
- To investigate the production of superabsorbent polymer nanofibres (SAPs) using electrospinning technology to create lighter and more absorbent materials with a given surface area.
- To study the application of nanofibres to obtain new formats of superabsorbent polymers in hygiene products.
The expected results of the project:
TEXTILE SUBSTRATES FOR HYGIENE PRODUCTS FUNCTIONALISED WITH MICROCAPSULES TO PREVENT INFECTION
ABSORBENT POLYMERS IN NANOFIBRE FORMAT FOR HYGIENE PRODUCTS
COSMETIC GELS WITH MICROENCAPSULATED ASSETS FOR INTIMATE HYGIENE CARE
This project is funded by the Conselleria d’Economia Sostenible, Sectors Productius, Comerç i Treball de la Generalitat Valenciana, through IVACE.
- Grant number: IMAMCI/2021/1
- More information: NON-ECONOMIC ACTIVITIES PLAN
- Year: 2021
- Status: Finished
- Entity: IVACE