SMARTCOMP. RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT OF SMART COMPOSITES BASED ON THE IMPLEMENTATION OF TEXTRONIC ELEMENTS AND FUNCTIONAL MATERIALS (YEAR 2)
The SMARTCOMP project focuses on the development of smart textile structures, often called textronic elements, with applications in the development of multifunctional heat stable composites.
In recent years, R+D efforts in the field of textiles for composites have been centred on the development of low-cost, high-performance textile structures. The use of smart textiles offers numerous possibilities for innovation with respect to ground-breaking multifunctional properties in the field of composite materials
The challenges facing this R+D project reside in the creation of smart textiles which can be successfully integrated into a multi-layer structure of a composite material, which has been consolidated through resin infusion process. This means that the textile must be able to withstand fairly high temperatures, in addition to being compatible with heat-stable resins normally used in this technological process.
The principal technical objectives to be met within the framework of SMARTCOMP include:
- Research and development of smart, multifunctional textile structures for use as reinforcing in composite materials.
- A study of the possibilities for functionalising textile structures with textronic components.
Research into the vacuum infusion process and the applicability of textronic components in the functionalization of composite materials.
- Characterization and analysis of the obtained properties in the composite materials as a consequence of the integration of textronic elements.
- Validation of the technical process considering its improvement by means of the adjustment of the production conditions in reengineering task.
- The study and development of demonstrators for each target industrial sector depending on the innovative properties conferred on the multifunctional composite materials.
- Results dissemination generated from the development of the project.
Technology transfer towards the industries interested in the results obtained in SMARTCOMP project.
Based on the results of the research carried out during the first year of SMARTCOMP, coupled with the work planned for 2018, the following overall results are expected:
- Creation of a knowledge base about the different proposed funtionalities in order to be able to succesfully develop the multifunctional composite materials.
- Obtaining prototypes of composite materials with different funtionalities:
Heating prototypes, piezoelectric prototypes, electromagnetic shielding prototypes and lighting prototypes.
- Application possibilities of the composite materiales in the following sectors:
- Interior design.
- Creative industries.
This Project is supported by the Conselleria d’Economia Sostenible, Sectors Productius i Treball, through the IVACE (Instituto Valenciano de Competitividad Empresarial) and is co-financed by ERDF from the EU within the framework of the Operational Programme FEDER for the Comunitat Valenciana 2014-2020.
Grant number: IMDEEA/2018/116
Amount: 193.268,87 €
Para consultar los resultados detallados del proyecto haga click en el siguiente enlace:
INFORME DE RESULTADOS
- Year: 2018
- Status: finished project
- Entity: IVACE
¿Desea más información sobre este proyecto? Rellene el siguiente formulario.
Error: Contact form not found.