I + D / Acabados técnicos, salud, confort, deporte y medio ambiente
MEDIC@TEX– R&D OF INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGICAL TEXTILE SOLUTIONS IN HEALTHCARE
The main motivation of the project is to develop a series of new, innovative lines of research in the healthcare sector.
As well as including the clinical disciplines themselves, the field of biomedical research involves research into new drugs and therapeutic developments, public health research and health services. It is therefore a key instrument for improving social welfare, the quality of life and life expectancy in general.
By combining techniques such as electrospinning, 3D printing and bio printing, the project will develop a device for the treatment of periodontal diseases and characterise it in clinical studies with an in vivo animal model. The optimisation of the device, which was previously developed in the laboratory, represents a further advance towards simulation and brings the project closer to obtaining a marketable device.
Another technique, electro spraying, will be combined with electrospinning to open up a new field of applied research for AITEX in the production of superabsorbent nanofibres and nanospheres. The aim is to respond to market demand for new exudate and continence products that are smaller and finer than existing products.
Finally, still related to the healthcare sector, and as a proof of concept, research will be undertaken into existing body temperature monitoring systems to develop a proprietary measurement protocol, opening up a new line of research in the healthcare and sports sector.
To obtain and develop new technologies, together with those existing at AITEX, for use in different lines of healthcare R&D.
The project consists of four lines of research:
- Line 1 – Manufacture, optimisation and validation of a product for the treatment of periodontal disease, which combines 3D bio-printing and additivated nanofibre veils.
- Line 2 – Optimisation of polyacrylic acid solution and electrospinning/electro spraying conditions to create super absorbent nanofibres and nanospheres.
- Line 3 – Investigate the different alternatives for monitoring body temperature and propose a valid and reliable methodology for evaluation in the field of textiles.
- Line 4 – Acquiring, developing and working with 3D Bioprinting and Electro spraying technologies.
- Line 5 – Develop face masks with nanofibers for the prevention of COVID-19.
- Line 1 – Manufacture of a porous 3D bio-printed core to optimise the nanofibre-coated grafts from the DENTALTEX I and II projects. To complete a functional product for clinical validation with an in vivo animal model.
- Line 2 – Super absorbent nanofibre veils for medical-sanitary applications, with application in the management of exudates in wounds and incontinence.
- Line 3 – Body temperature monitoring methodology and study of textile solutions for thermal control in health applications.
- Line 4 – Complete a proof of concept in both technologies and monitor their management.
- Line 5 – Obtain a mask with efficient filtration against the size of coronaviruses, with a simple design and easy to implement.
This project is funded by the Conselleria d’Economia Sostenible, Sectors Productius, Comerç i Treball de la Generalitat Valenciana, through IVACE.
GRANT NUMBER: IMAMCI/2020/1
MORE INFORMATION IN THE NON-ECONOMIC ACTIVITIES PLAN
- Year: 2020
- Status: Finished
- Entity: IVACE