Within the context of enhancing sustainability in the textile production chain and Industry 4.0, technological disruption reveals itself as a central element to addressing new challenges while creating new opportunities for the regional and national textile sector.
It is obvious that a priority for the sector is creating innovation in new technologies which can create and modify new processes, materials and end products, which, in addition to resolving an imminent need, demonstrates that this is a sector in which there is scope for the creation of new products that will attract an increasingly informed consumer who is looking for novel solutions.
From a technological point of view, it is vital to tackle challenges such as different customization systems and the circular economy, a movement that advocates the reuse of resources and which does not always fit in with a mass-production model based on accelerated consumption.
OBJECTIVES AND EXPECTED RESULTS
The contribution of the EFFI-TEX project to the proposed challenges proposes R&D activities and the implementation of new disruptive technological solutions that will be beneficial to efficiency, quality and competitiveness for the regional and national textile sector through a process of immediate knowledge transfer, providing a tractor effect of R&D, enabling the launch of new projects and specific developments swiftly.
EFFI-TEX has been designed with the aim of transferring to industry the results of previous internal research conducted at the AITEX Textile Research Institute, along with the technologies adapted to different industrial procedures, through applied R&D.
To this end, technical study, analysis and validation of technological solutions for the sector have been proposed to draw up an in-depth mapping of future technological solutions, and the development of three different demonstrators with collaborating companies, with a focus on adapting and validating the new technological solutions proposed.
The general objectives of the project consist of the study, analysis and implementation of disruptive technologies that improve the efficiency of processes and resources in the textile value chain and in different sectors of application.
- Map disruptive technologies related to improving the efficiency of textile processes and resources.
- Study the technical and economic feasibility at pilot level. For the current 2021 call, there is a portfolio of R&D project results focused on automation, personalisation, digitisation and integrated water management.
- Analyse the industrial scalability of these disruptive solutions and assess their impact/benefit.
- Demonstrate the solutions on an industrial scale in companies
- Validate and optimise the technologies, and develop them to adapt the parameters to real production environments.
- Measure and quantify their impact/benefit in a real-world setting
- Improve business competitiveness and aid progression by increasing technological growth.
The Project with Grant Number «CONV21 / DGINN / 14 – EFFI-TEX – Development and implementation of new disruptive technologies that improve the efficiency of processes and resources in the textile value chain and application sectors», is financed by the Department of Innovation, Universities, Science and Digital Society through the nominative line «Aid to the IITT for innovation projects in collaboration with companies within the framework of the Intelligent Specialization».
- Year: 2021
- Status: In progress
- Entity: Conselleria